Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I" is for What?

*Day 48*

At preschool we have this book to help teach the kids the letters and their sounds. It has a picture that starts with each letter to help the kids associate the letter with the sound it makes. It helps the visual learners. So our picture for the letter "I" is an igloo. We were learning the letter "I" so we were practicing. We say "What does our "I" look like?" The kids look at us blankly, then start guessing stuff. I guess they really just couldn't remember the word igloo. Because when Grace called it an (I'm going to try to spell this how it sounded) eye-glube, all of the other kids agreed that it was an eye-glube. It took me a minute to figure out what she was saying, and another to figure out the she was probably right, she was just saying it wrong. It sounded funny when I was expecting to hear igloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment