Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's How Cold?!

*Day 38*
I get home from walking Logan to school, pick up my water bottle that has been sitting in the living room all night and get a nice drink of ice water. Then I turn on the radio to hear that it is -9 degrees outside. I realize it's cold! Then I think of my Uncle Curt (on my mom's side). He would always ask us why we want to live in Logan. He would say, it's so cold there. I would always say, It's not that much colder than Salt Lake. But I know now that I am wrong. It is colder here. I watch the news where they give Salt Lake temperature. Then see that the temperature in Logan is 10 degrees lower. I think the other day that our daytime high was the same as Salt Lakes overnight low. It's just kind of sad that we walked to school the other day and were happy that it felt warm. It was 21 degrees. On the days we've broken above freezing, it feels like spring. Well, we're either getting used to it, or wearing more clothes. The worst thing about it is that there's not that much difference in the summer. In the summer when Salt Lake is in the 100's, I could deal with 90. But it doesn't happen, we're almost just as hot in the summer. Not fair.

Speaking of weather, you've probably heard the saying, so hot you could cook an egg on the sidewalk. Well, here's a new one. It was so cold, you could freeze an egg on the sidewalk. Here it is.


Matt, maybe we should be glad they didn't break eggs on your car at our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment