Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Family Night

*Day 51*

After Logan's day at school yesterday, I needed to bribe him with something to encourage him to be good at school today. (On the way home from school, the neighbor boy in Logan's class told us that he got three warnings and lost his recess privilege. After I emailed his teacher, I found out that she sent a tracker home with him yesterday because he was so off task. I never saw this tracker. When I questioned him about it today, I found out that he hid it under his bed!)

I told Logan that if he was good in school today, we could make treats and watch Phineas and Ferb. We got our treats all made and got ready to watch. And it wasn't on! There was a Wizards on Waverly Place marathon instead. (The worst part of watching Phineas and Ferb is that you have to sit through a million long commercials for the cheesy tween shows they have.) So, we watched Star Wars the Clone Wars. At least we had good treats.

Indoor Smores
2/3 cup corn syrup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
8 cup golden graham cereal
3 cup mini marshmallow

Mix syrup, butter, and chocolate. Heat over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over cereal and marshmallows. Pour into 9x13 pan. Cool and serve like rice krispie treats. (Or, ours don't last very long, so we just eat it out of the bowl.)

2 comments:

  1. Logan is starting to sound a lot like me when I was a kid. Never anything really bad, but bad enough to make ya hide a note from the teacher :). I hope you guys aren't too hard on the kid, but if you need ideas on how to deal, I'm sure my mom could offer some insight ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another thing to look forward to... at least I have a treat recipe!

    ReplyDelete