Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cats

*Day 59*
Logan Loves cats. I don't know when he started loving them. I think he loved them even before he met Macho cat. I don't remember when he got his first stuffed cat, maybe one. But that wasn't the last. I counted. We have 18 cats in our house. (If tigers and lions count as cats.) Logan has to sleep with one, or two, or three, or more every night. He just got a new cat from his Aunt Jennifer. It's his new favorite. It hasn't left his side since he got it. (Except I wouldn't let him take it to school. But, he held until he got to the door before throwing it onto the couch.) Logan's number one wish in life is to have a cat. Every time he has a wish bone, or birthday candles, I know he wishes for a cat. I know because after he's done, he tells me we need to get a house. We told him a long time ago that we couldn't have a cat in our apartment. I think he was three when we drove past a house that had a For Sale sign in front. Logan asked me if it was for sale or rent. I told him for sale. He told me we should buy it so we could have a cat.


He was a cat for Halloween when he was 2.


This is Logan with Macho cat (Steven and Andrea's). It was a highlight of his life to meet and play with a real cat. He still talks about Macho.


They do a reading with cats program at the Humane Society. I took Logan. He loved it. I thought it would be special thing to do... once. He wanted to go back every week.



With his new cat Fer. (The end of Jennifer.)

2 comments:

  1. We were getting Justin's meds at Cache Valley Pharmacy and I saw this little guy and said to Justin, "That cat is calling out for Logan, can you hear him?". I was only kidding him when I told him he had to name him after me, but I'll tell you it warms my heart that he did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are really cute. I think Macho misses Logan, you guys need to come visit.

    ReplyDelete