Saturday, January 23, 2010

Battle of the Books

*Day 52*


So, I did a stupid thing. I was at the library, and I saw some Where's Waldo books. And I thought, "Hey, Logan would probably like that." And I figured it might keep him entertained while we drove to Salt Lake on New Years. So I checked some out. New Years was how long ago? And we are still looking for Waldo and all the stuff that goes along with him. It's really easy for me to get addicted to these books that I get for Logan. The problem is that I get addicted. And I can't leave them undone. I have to finish finding everything. And when I get stuck, I put the book down, but I can't leave it. I try to let Logan help, but sometimes I just need the whole book to myself to get a really good look. I'm wondering if my backache is from leaning over these books to get a better look. I know they gave me headaches. The current book is all done, except that I can't find the stupid key on one page. I give up, I just skip that page now. I wish. I have to look at it every time I pick up the book. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to turn the book into the library if I don't find it. Do you think I need help?



Besides Waldo, these are some other books that can be highly addicting, and annoying if left undone.


We started with the I Spy books. They really do have riddles sometimes. You have to figure out what they really mean if you're going to find the pictures. Like, we were looking at one that said it had 4 bows. Well, we found two easy, but couldn't for the life of us find any more. Than I realized that there were bears playing violins. You play a violin with a bow! So, it's not always straightforward what your looking for. I like the pictures though. It's fun to see all of the little things they put into it.






Then we found Spot 7. They give you two pictures that look the same. You have to find the 7 things that are different between them. There could be things added or removed, something turned a different way, a shadow missing. The good thing about these books is that they give you the answers, so you don't have to go crazy if you're stuck. You can make sure you found everything.



If you like to finish things, make sure you have plenty of time on your hands before you pick up these books.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I never have to find a key and a bone in real life. Man we are sunk if we do!

    ReplyDelete