Saturday, November 27, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

*Day 359*

Looking around at toys and gifts for Christmas I notice that a lot of the toys we had as kids are back again for our children to enjoy.  Seeing them brings back some childhood memories and remind me of the things I loved as a kid.  Well, here's a weird, random memory that came up after seeing these toys.  I was talking to my sister, Sherry,  the other and she mentioned that there was a sale on Strawberry shortcake dolls and she was planning on getting some for her daughter.  It instantly reminded me of the Strawberry shortcake doll that Sherry had when we were kids.  It actually smelled like strawberries.  We were playing with it one day (and by playing with it, I mean smelling it.  That's all I ever remember doing with it.) and one of my little brothers (I don't remember which one) wanted to smell it.  So Sherry it up by his nose and when she pulled it away, there was a big booger on Strawberries hat.  It wasn't intentional, but funny.  I wonder if that's when Sherry became a germaphobe?  

1 comment:

  1. That's a funny (and kinda gross) story about Strawberry Shortcake! It's cool that a lot of toys from our generation (like Smurfs and Transformers) are still popular today!

    ReplyDelete