Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shopping

*Day 338*

Today I got to go shopping with my mom in law and sister in law.  Every year before Christmas, we head down to Layton to hit some of the stores we don't have in Logan, like Toys R Us and Target, and try to get some of our Christmas shopping done.  I'm not usually a big shopper, but I look forward to this trip.  Maybe we just don't have the right stores in Logan to get me excited about shopping.  But, I think it's the company.  We always have a good time, and see some fun stuff.  This year I didn't get much shopping done.  Maybe it's a little too early in the season?  But, I did get a lot of good ideas and some prices to compare.  I love Thanksgiving and I think it's a great holiday.  It's good to spend time counting our blessings and having an attitude of gratitude.  And sometimes I think that Thanksgiving gets skipped over (especially in the retail world).  But, after doing nothing fun to celebrate Halloween or get in the spirit, I'm almost ready to start decorating for Christmas.  Even though it's warm outside.  At least I know it would get done and we'd be able to enjoy it for a while.  Then I'd feel like we get to have at least one really fun holiday this year.  And shopping puts me in even more of a Christmas mood.  Good Day!

1 comment: