Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fight!

*Day 349*

So, I was just about to walk out the door this morning when the phone rang.  I checked the caller ID and it said Logan City Schools.  As I picked up the phone, I was really hoping that it was Jennifer.  But it wasn't.  I dropped Logan off at school for breakfast, after he eats he always goes back outside to play before school starts.  Turns out he got in a fight and I had to go pick him up from school.  She said they had put some ice on his eye and they didn't think he would need stitches.   Awesome.


OK, so that's not really what happened.  We just wanted to see if people would believe it.  The school called and Miss Shauna (the secretary) told me that Logan was hit by a swing while he was playing before school.  She told me he had a small cut on his eyelid.  She didn't think he would need stitches, but they needed a parent to make that call.  I said I would be right over.  He was sitting in the office with ice on his eye.  He looked pretty banged up.  I realized later that it wasn't as bad as it looked.  He wasn't all scraped up, it was just blood on his face.  He looked better after we cleaned him.  He looked so sad though.  (Probably because his eye was swollen.)  He wanted to come home, and I wanted a second opinion about the whole stitches thing, so I brought him home.  We finally decided that we didn't think he needed stitches.  He was glad.  His eye is still puffy and is turning colors, it hurts a little, but he's OK. 

It turns out that they were playing a game running behind the kids on the swings.  He got kicked in the face.  He tells me it doesn't sound like such a fun game anymore.  I told him he better not, because next time I'll take him get stitches.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Logan is all right and that the cut to his eyelid wasn't due to a fight! Ouch!! Today just seems to be the day for cuts: Logan and my nephew Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! Poor Logan... I was reading this and was shocked thinking he'd gotten in a fight!! Glad it wasn't a fight but sorry he got hurt anyway!! :P

    ReplyDelete