Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blizzard!

*Day 355*

Well, we got notice last night that the schools would let out early today because of the blizzard warning.  I've lived in Utah my whole life and I only remember ever having one snow day in all my years of school.  It snowed a few feet overnight, and they cancelled school.  So, we stayed home and played in the snow all day.  I was in middle or high school.  Me and Renae wanted to make use of our day off, but we didn't have good boots or gloves.  We knew that if we could keep dry, we would be able to play outside longer.  So, we used bread bags to keep us warm.  We put on socks, then a bread bag, then more socks and then our shoes.  We did the same for our hands.  When we were little, and didn't have gloves, my mom used to put socks on our hands to keep them warm.  So, we put socks on out hands, then a bag, then more socks, and went out to play.  It worked!  We played outside forever, and we didn't get wet, so we stayed warm. 

One time when I was in college, they cancelled church because it was so cold.

Today I lived through my first blizzard.  It wasn't as bad as I expected a blizzard to be.  Of course, I planned to be home, and stay home.  It did get very windy for a while.  And there was snow that made it very hard to see.  At some points, we could barely see the neighbors house.  And, I think the school district feels justified for the early release.  The storm blew in, right at time that we would have been going to pick Logan up from school.  I think the storm has mostly passed now.  We have a bout 8-10 inches of snow, and it is cold.  But, we survived.  And we didn't even loose power.  So, while we were waiting out the storm, we introduced Logan to another classic.  We watched the "Princess Bride" while drinking hot chocolate.  He liked it, laughed in the right places and went to bed quoting, "mawrage, mawrage, is what brings us togever today." 

Now, I hope it's about done, because I have to go shopping tomorrow for my Thanksgiving food.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you survived the blizzard and that you were able to have fun today. I love "The Princess Bride"!

    ReplyDelete