Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Rolls

*Day 299*

The other day, one of my fellow bloggers wrote about her love for peanut butter.  I also love peanut butter.  So, Logan was rummaging through recipes looking for a treat to make and came across this.  We had to try it. 

Peanut Butter Rolls
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbls. butter, melted
1 loaf (16 ounces) refrigerated or thawed frozen sweet roll dough (We made our own.  OK I'll be honest, Lynn made our dough.  In exchange for the recipe.  It was a great deal for me.  And it turned out delicious.)

Coat  a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.  Stir together peanut butter, brown sugar and butter.  Roll dough out on a lighty floured surface into a 12x6 inch oval.  Spread peanut butter mixture over dough.  Roll up dough jelly-roll style, starting with 1 long edge.  Cut dough into 12 slices.  Place slices in prepared dish.  Cover and let rise until almost double in size, about 45 minutes.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden. 

2 comments:

  1. They were much better than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try these... I LOVE peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete