Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just Thinkin'

*Day 297*


*  I went to the General Women's Conference yesterday.  This is a meeting where the General Relief Society presidency and the prophet speak to the Women of the church.  It was a good meeting.  The prophet inspired me to keep my windows clean.  He is an amazing man. 

*  I got to go down to the Conference Center and see the conference in person.  It is much bigger than it looks on TV.  It was also interesting to see all of the "behind the scenes" stuff that you don't get to see on TV.  Like the camera men closing in on the organist or the security.

*  I learned that up on Temple Square, if the person is wearing an earpiece that they are carrying a gun.  It was interesting to see how many of them there were.  And to see them standing there in their normal, everyday suits, packing heat.  And as I was sitting in this very spiritual meeting watching the security, it made me kind of laugh to think of church issued handguns. 

*  It was fun to watch the Prophet in person (even if from very far away).  When President Monson was walking out, he stopped to walk out with his wife.  As she stood up, he leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.  It was a women's conference so there was a big "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" from the audience.  Then, as he walked on, he took the papers he was carrying and bonked one of the security guards, that a was standing by the stage, on the head with them.  It made me laugh. 

*  Today at church, they made me the Young Women's President.  I feel a little overwhelmed.  But, I love the young women in our ward, and the ladies I work with, so I think we'll all get through it all right. 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you were able to go to the Conference Center. It's so beautiful! And congratulations on being called as the Young Women's President! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your calling!

    ReplyDelete