Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Close Call

*Day 285*

I was worried that I might not be able to blog last night.  We were sitting around watching the game.  Then from outside, we heard a huge BOOM!  And the power went out.  Wondering what had happened, we went outside and headed in the direction we heard the sound come from.  Already there people gathered on the corner looking up at the power lines.  There were people from a block away coming out wondering what happened.  No one really knew.  We came back inside and found our flashlights.  With a boom that loud, it sounded like something that might take a while to fix.  Then, I realized that if the power stayed out too long, I wouldn't be able to blog.  (Pretty sad I think that much about it.)  Turns out it only stayed off for about a half an hour.  (And if it would have stayed off for the whole game, Matt might have been in a better mood.)

One of the neighbors told me today that they think a squirrel got into one of the transformers and shorted it out.  Poor squirrel.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Poor squirrel indeed!! I'm glad you were still able to blog - I know I would have hated to not be able to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor squirrel done blow up real good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the pictures?! I need confirmation that this squirrel attempted to save Matt from seeing that game!

    ReplyDelete