Friday, September 10, 2010

The Miracle

*Day 281*


Today something unprecedented happened at our house.  Matt won a game of Candyland!  I know, I know, it might not sound like much, but it really is an amazing thing.  We've probably had this game since Logan was about 3.  And Logan liked to play it.  But, Logan always won.  (I'll admit, that I've thrown a few games of Candyland in my day.  Either to save myself from a lot of tears and a tantrum from Logan or just to get it done.)  But, no one can remember a time when Matt has beat Logan.  (He might have beat me when we stayed up late at night playing without Logan, but I really don't remember.      OK, we never really played Candyland without Logan.  We have big kid games too.)  So, today, we witnessed a miracle as Matt, despite being sent back to every special space, finally managed to pull out a win.  Congratulations!  I know it's nice to feel victory after this long sought after accomplishment. 

Quote of the game: After drawing the ice cream cone, to almost guarantee a win, (almost) Matt got sent back to peanut acres.  Making him almost level with us again.  Logan mocked him.  Then Logan picked the gumdrop, and got sent back to last place.   And Matt said, "Karma.... or in this game, caramel!"  Either way, Logan understood.

2 comments:

  1. Karma...caramel - great, witty remark from Matt! Congrats to him for winning at Candyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Grandma Carma for a while when my dad's dad re-married later in life. How cool would it have been if she had been Grandma Caramel?!

    And to Matt: May the Jets repeat your amazing ability to overcome all odds and pull out the BIG win!

    ReplyDelete