Sunday, September 19, 2010

Got Milk?

*Day 290*
Like good parents, we like to tease our son.  He's learning to take it pretty good (most of the time).  Unfortunately, he is also learning (from his parents) to give it.  There are a few things in our family that we like to tease each other about repeatedly.  Some of our favorite family memories.  Today I am going to tell you about our favorite milk mishaps. 

When me and Matt were first married we rarely ate dinner at the table.  We would usually eat on the couch watching TV.  One night Matt walked in and set his glass of milk down on the top of the couch.  Then he forgot about it.  He got up when he was finished eating and took care of his dishes.  When he sat back down on the couch, his milk fell and spilled down his back.  But, he had forgotten about his milk, and didn't know what was on him.  He started wiggling and yelling, "Get it off me, get it off me."  I saw what it was that fell on him, so it made me laugh.  And I tried to tell him what it was.  But, to this day, we will still tease Matt by yelling about something, "Get it off me!"

The next milk mishap is one that Matt likes to remind Logan about because it happened to Logan.  We were sitting down to eat dinner.  Now in our family, I forget about drinks until the end of dinner, so a drink a the beginning of the meal is a rare thing.  Anyway, this night, for some reason I got the milk out at the beginning of dinner.  I filled up Logan's cup.  I guess he didn't notice that I had put milk in his cup.  Matt was teasing him about his food.  And asked him if wanted it in his milk.  Then Matt pretended to put the food into his cup.  Logan, not wanting food in his cup, grabbed his cup away from Matt.  And threw his milk right in his face.  He was a little a surprised that there was milk there.  And I yelled, "Get it off, get it off!"  We had to laugh or Logan would cry.

Stay tuned to Matt's blog if you want to hear about dumb things that I've done.  I'm sure he's going to want to get  revenge.

3 comments: