Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Coffeemate

*Day 363*

So, I've turned my son onto a new habit.  I love drinking hot chocolate in the winter.  I especially love flavored hot chocolate.  But every once in a while I throw in something from my childhood.  I still call it Postum.  I know the container says Pero, and that they don't make the Postum brand anymore.  But, I always thought they were the same thing, so, I still call it postum.  Well, every now and then I have some postum.  It's only good with sugar and cream.  But, since I really like the flavored hot chocolate, I figured I would like the flavored coffeemate creamer in my postum.  Well, I do.  And now so does Logan.  He never wanted to try postum before, but the other day he decided for some reason to try it.  Oh, wait, I think it's because he saw the creamer.  That must have looked good to him.  I guess it was.  He has wanted postum over hot chocolate ever since.  So, first thing this morning, he asked for some postum.  He eats breakfast at school every morning.  And Logan has been recruiting.  He turned his dad.  After they shoveled on Sunday, Logan offered to make Matt a cup of postum.  It's now officially a family habit.  Yeah, we went to the store last night buy more postum and pick a new coffeemate.  And that was our dessert last night.  Mmmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. I love postum! I was so sad when they stoped making it. I know pero is the same thing but I miss the postum jar. I have never tried it with anything but canned milk and sugar. What flavor do you recomend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Irish Creme stuff is killer!

    ReplyDelete