Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Future of Blogging

*Day 364*

Well, I'm trying to decide what to do about this blog after I finish my 365 days.  I might get ambitious and pretend like it's leap year and do an extra day!  Just kidding.  I want to keep blogging, I'm not sure how to keep my self motivated.  I thought I'll blog unless it's one of those days when I can't think of anything to say.  But, if it turns out to be like this month I'll be taking about 28 days off, and that would effectively be the end of my blog, because I would never get back to it.  I've learned something about myself.  I'm an all or nothing kind of person.  Matt tried to get me to blog years ago.  I think I made 2 entries.  It just didn't make it to the top of my priority list.  Now, he makes a challenge, and if I do it every day, I can somehow get it done.  But if I say I'll blog when something big happens or when I have time or feel like it or whatever, it will never get done.  It's the same way with treats for me.  I can't moderate myself.  I say I will, but I can't.  But if I say I'm not eating any treats at all (and Matt always laughs at me) I can do it.  All or nothing.  Of course having a challenge motivates me a little. 

When I started this blog, I was thinking along the lines of a personal history.  I thought I could get some memories down and stories that Logan might like to have record of.  I didn't get as much of that done as I thought I would.  But, I think it will be fun to look back and see what our everyday life was like.  Because I don't usually keep track of the normal stuff.  So, If I keep blogging, I think I will try to get more of those things down.  I just can't decide how to regulate myself so I don't start skipping and get to the point where I never blog again.  So there you have it.  I have one day left, and I don't know what I'm going to do.  Maybe put more pictures up because I realize I've gotten kind of slacky at posting pictures. 

I found a picture!  I figured, why wait to fix that picture problem. I knew I had to have one of Logan I could use.   

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I thought I would blog every other day, but that really didn't work. But I think I'm on to something with the blogging monday thru friday and taking the weekends off. It is consistent enough with a nice little break every week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete